A dedicated and self-motivated full-time freelance translator / copywriter / editor seeking projects utilizing my 16+ years of excellent English <-> Chinese (Simplified & Traditional) translation, copywriting, transcreation, writing, editing and psychological/counseling knowledge, skills and professional experience.
MAY 2005 – PRESENT Freelance Translator / Copywriter / Editor
SELF-EMPLOYED | China | http://www.ChinaLingo.com
Translate / transcreate / edit / proofread various documents in the fields of Advertising, Aviation, Automobile, Business, Computer, Construction, Cosmetics, Design, Education, Energy, Entertainment, Environment, Finance, Food & Beverages, Golf, Hotel, HR, Insurance, IT, Jewelry, Landscape, Legal, Literature, Localization, Marketing, Medical, Packaging, Printing, Real Estate, Skin Care, Software, Technical, Telecommunication, Travel/Tourism, Transportation, Watch, etc. from English to Chinese and vice versa. Interpret for foreign clients during business visits and business meetings. Provide various business/cultural consulting services for foreign clients doing business in the Chinese market. Clients include Alienware, Apple, ASUS, Avon, Bentley, BMW, Bose, BP, Cisco, Dell, DHL, Don Jones, Dove, Dräger, Dupont, Emirates Airlines, EPSON, Estee Lauder, FIVB, Ford, Fujitsu, GSK, Heinz, Hilton, H&M, Hot Wheels, HP, HSBC, HTC, IBM, IHG, International Olympic Committee, Johnson & Johnson, Jurassic Park, Kimberly-Clark, Land Rover, LEGO, Levi’s, LOWA, Mandarin Oriental Hotel Group, Marena Group, MARTA, Maurice Lacroix, MERCK, Microsoft, MONKI, NO 7, Pfizer, Philips, P&G, Rolex, Schroders, Shell, Sommet Education, Starwood, The Body Shop, Tiffany, T.Rowe Price, Tudor, Turkish Airlines, United Airlines, UPS, Westin, Wyndham, Vietnam Airlines, etc.
APR 2008 – JUN 2009 Operations Coordinator to Upper Management
PROTIVITI | China | http://www.protiviti.com
Translated / edited / proofread various materials, including project proposals, project reports, speeches and books published by the U.S. office. Assisted higher managers in building and maintaining good relationships with clients, managed office library, resolved and troubleshot regular IT related issues and helped management monitor work with various reports.
NOV 2005 ‑ APR 2008 Assistant to Director ‑ Dep of Residential Safety
SHENZHEN GOVERNMENT | China | http://www.szsafety.gov.cn
Translated related information of local foreign-owned companies from English to Chinese and interpreted during factory visits and meetings to help with communication. Inspected local residential safety environment, created detailed inspecting reports with solutions and held trainings to instruct factories and communities on emergency preparation plans.
MAY 2005 ‑ NOV 2005 Business Client Representative
CHINA TELECOM | China | http://www.sz10000.com.cn
Translated information of customers and interpreted during business meetings with customers. Cultivated corporate and individual customer base of more than 1000 and ranked top in sales after 6 months.
- Bachelor of Arts, English
- Xi’an Shi You University | Xi’an, China | SEP 2001 ‑ JUL 2005
- Three Counseling Certificates
- Christian Counseling & Educational Foundation | PA, USA | JAN 2016 – AUG 2017
- Master of Arts, Counseling
- Westminster Theological Seminary | PA, USA | SEP 2017 – MAY 2020
SKILLS & TALENTS
- Native Mandarin Chinese & Cantonese speaker and fluent in English
- Experienced in translation, copywriting, editing, interpretation and administration
- Proficient in MS Office & Trados Studio and skillful in information searching
- Highly organized, efficient & a fast learner with great analytical ability
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pay attention to details and always deliver high-quality translation and writing on time
- Cooperate very well with a team and also stand out independently
- TEM 8 (the highest English level test for English majors in China)
- CET 6 (the highest English level test for non-English majors in China)
- Senior Safety Director Certificate (authorized by the Chinese government)
- Three Counseling Certificates (from U.S. Counseling Institution CCEF)
- English [Fluent]
- Simplified Chinese & Traditional Chinese [Native]
- Mandarin & Cantonese & Hakka [Native]
- Translation: 2,000-3,000 words/day
- Editing/Proofreading: 3,000-6,000 words/day
SOFTWARES & CAT TOOLS
- Mac OS X, Windows 10, SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance Plus, MultiTerm, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Mac & PC, High-speed Internet, External Hard Drives (for safe backup), Printer, Copier, Scanner, Mobile.